Sunday, June 9, 2013

The summer curtain draws.

The first day of my sophomore year in college begins tomorrow, and that, of course, implies the end of my summer vacation as well. Despite the fact that my day started off on the wrong foot (parents giving me a mouthful for another thing I've done to tick them off, apparently), June 9 progressed into one of the best days of my 2013 summer.

In a moment of utter spontaneity, one of my really good UP friends - Jarem, suggested that we pig out in Jollibee. By coincidence, my cousin was set to attend a birthday party in the General Luna branch of Jollibee; things aligned and I got to spend time with one of the coolest people I know while eating some of the best fast food according to my palette. (The company was the best part, duh.)

At around six pm, my mother took me and my cousin to Skinetics for a spa session. It may be too soon to say this, but I have probably completely and irrevocably fallen in love with their jacuzzi and the bubbles and the rose petals and the warm water and you must get it by now. The spa was immensely relaxing; a highly appreciated treat in the face of the impending doom that is sophomore year of college.

Finally, we ended our day with dinner in Ohana. Ohana may not be as good as my favorite Japanese restaurant, Karate Kid, but it was still Japanese food, and I am undeniably a sucker for Japanese food.

Conclusion: Final day of summer - well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment