Monday, April 15, 2013

A Bucket(List) of Summer Hopes

There are a number of things I'd like to accomplish before I die, but it seems too ambitious to try to accomplish all of them in the span of one summer vacation. There are, however, a number of things that have a high possibility of being accomplished within this summer. These things will not only deactivate (and hopefully permanently terminate) the immense boredom that I usually encounter during summer breaks, but it would also help me to improve myself. Or perhaps the named deed is simply crazy, spontaneous, or unexpected enough to fit my newfound summer motto: YOLO.

For those of you who may not know what the acronym/expression YOLO means, I would just like to say - exactly under what rock do you dwell and hibernate in? "YOLO" stands for You Only Live Once, which was coined by Drake in his song Motto. That line though, was most likely already in existence decades ago.

Sidetracking from my sidetrack of explaining YOLO (although the expression should really speak for itself), I must plug in that though I may want to accomplish all of the items under this bucketlist, it is assumed that there would be several factors that would hinder me from doing so. Undeniably, one of these factors would be the lack of funds.

Moving on! I've been explaining the details about my bucketlist, but the bucketlist itself has not been identified. Official bucketlist begins in 3, 2, 1-

1. Get wet! (Not through the conventional way, like perhaps swimming in a pool or beach.)
     - Check. The Wet and Wild party for the BK Sem-ender allowed me this
        through ice water fights and hose showers.

2. Commute by myself within the city.
     - Check. I know, how lame is it that I don't commute to get to places 
        within Iloilo City? In my defense, commuting in Iloilo City is much
        more terrifying than commuting to Miag-ao. Since were already on
        the topic of the intensity of my lameness, let me just share that I
        have a fear of commuting. Mostly when I'm alone.
3. Learn how to ride a skateboard or pennyboard or longboard.
4. Learn how to ride a bike. (Yes, another lame fact about me is that I do not know how to ride a bike. What up, I'm so cool.)
5. Die my hair a crazy color. (Dipdye or highlights only, though.)
6. Try any kind of milktea in all of the milktea shops in Iloilo.
7. Learn ten different braids.
8. Follow the HipHop Abs schedule religiously. (Today was Day 1!)
9. Go on a cheap thrills shopping spree somewhere in downtown Iloilo by myself.
10. Learn at least five new piano pieces.
11. Self-learn how to play a guitar.
12. Read all the books on my summer reading list. (Will post that list soon.)
13. Watch all Disney classic movies. (Lamest fact ever: I still haven't seen The Lion King and Pocahontas and Aladdin and Snow White.)
14. Blog at least thrice a week. May the gods of laziness leave me alone.

Crossing all my fingers and toes that I'd get to accomplish all of the items on this list and perhaps even add more.
P.S. Donations are accepted in the form of skateboarding/longboarding and/or biking lessons.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment