Friday, April 19, 2013

You are my obsession(s).

I may or may not have previously mentioned the fact that when I get obsessed, I really do get obsessed. And since I'm already on the topic of my obsessions, it's only fit that I'd share my top three obsessions - milk tea, Cara Delevingne, and dystopian novels.

1. Milk tea:
This is undeniably an obsession, and perhaps a permanent one at that. I fell in love with milk teas at my first taste, and I haven't recovered since. Yes, I am aware that I sound like someone talking about the very confusing and doubtful phenomenon that is love. Coincidentally, that is what I feel for milk teas - love. (And the obsession has now fully kicked in.)

Lesh fact #9172627: The wintermelon milktea with rocksalt and cheese from Sharetea is my favorite so far, followed by the caramel milk tea from Moonleaf and strawberry oreo milk tea from Mang Tsaa.

2. Cara Delevingne:
I've been her admirer since I saw her modelling for the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. My admiration for her has been increasingly fueled by constant Tumblr posts of her that I see on my dashboard. She is not only beautiful and hot (Do I sound lesbian to you? I'm not though, just to make that clear), Cara also has a sense of humor and is BRITISH. Call me biased if you must.

I've been saving her photos (stalker stalker stalker) as I've also developed a strong liking for the way she dresses. She's grungy, and I like that. Okay, I am getting more obsessive by the second. Last obsessive line about Cara - I love that she knows how to ride a skateboard because I really want to learn, and we apparently have the same taste in men as she dated my baby, Harry Styles.

Another Lesh fact: Aside from my obsessive tendencies, I also have quite the knack for "dreaming". Like the issue of me and Harry Styles ever being together.

3. Dystopian novels:
No, my immense love for dystopian novels did not begin with The Hunger Games, although I must admit that I am an avid fan of the said trilogy. My "obsession" with dystopian novels began with the book Legend by Marie Lu. It is a trilogy as well, and I'm hyped for the release of the second book.

I have no idea as to why dystopian novels are now my favorite genre of literature. What I do know is that I have this hidden desire to be a protagonist in a dystopian story, as well as a deep longing to have a relationship bordering on forbidden love in a dystopian world. I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING WEIRD, OKAY.

By the way, in case you aren't aware of the definition of dystopian novels, please feel free to Google search it.

And if you're looking for summer reads, then I highly recommend the following Dystopian trilogies: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Legend by Marie Lu, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, and Matched by Ally Condie. Again, note that these are all trilogies. Definitely worth spending for, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment