Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I'm spending my summer with Christian Grey.

How pathetic of me to post my summer reading list halfway through the summer vacation. Nontheless, here is the list of books that I fully intend to read and dissect (in other words, overthink) during the summer.

*note: I've compiled this list at the beginning of summer vacation, which will explain why I've already read some of them.
*note to the note: Asterisks will identify the books which I've already read. The number of asterisks determine my rating for them. (Out of five.)

1. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han*****
- Absolutely perfect for a summer read, especially if you're into books that make you think "WHY CAN'T THAT HAPPEN TO ME?".
2. It's Not Summer Without You - Jenny Han
3. We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han
4. Insurgent - Veronica Roth*****
5. Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James***
- Christian Grey absolutely made me melt, but there were too much erotic scenes.
6. Fifty Shades Darker - E.L. James***
7. Fifty Shades Freed - E.L. James
8. The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks
9. Hidden - P.C. + Kristin Cast
- I can't help but notice how much the "interesting" factor of The House of Night series decreased from it's fifth book, Tempted, which kept me at the edge of my seat. But since I'e already started on the series, I don't want to not be aware of how the story concludes.
10. Requiem - Lauren Oliver****
- The book was packed with feels, and I was utterly consumed. Unfortunately, the ending wasn't to my taste. It still left me hanging, and it was supposedly the conclusion to the trilogy.
11. Reached - Ally Condie
12. Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

The list will not end there though. I am in a constant search of well-written books. Suggestions are welcome, and actually begged for. (Please, please, please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment