Monday, April 8, 2013

The Girl Drugs

Chick flicks have always been my remedy for anything that needed to be remedied – a low score on an exam, a bad report, losing something valuable, and of course, heart break. As a hopeless romantic, I’d like to think that these chick flicks have been specifically engineered for those dubbed as the “forever alone” to serve as a reminder that good things will come eventually.

There is no other logical reason for my commenced babbling about chick flicks except that for the first few days of my summer vacation, I have been doing nothing but watch the said genre of movies. (I’ve been marathon-ing some of my favorite TV series as well, though.)

Hence, in correlation to my deep chick flick appreciation, let me share with you a list of the chick flicks that I will never get tired of watching over and over again.

1. A Walk to Remember (Without fail, my eyes would sweat.)
2. Letters to Juliet
3. 27 Dresses
4. Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
5. Beastly
6. Easy A
7. Life As We Know It
8. Last Song
9. The Amazing Spiderman (Not exactly a chick flick, but Emma x Andrew!)
10. The Art of Getting By
11. The Hunger Games (Again, not exactly another chick flick. But.)
12. 50 First Dates
13. The Ugly Truth
14. Mean Girls
15. LOL
16. Monte Carlo
17. Serendipity
18. Wild Child
19. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
20. Never Let Me Go
21. Valentine’s Day
22. Pretty Woman
23. Titanic
24. The Step Up series
25. I Am Number Four (Basically, if Alex Pettyfer stars in it, then.)
26. When In Rome
27. You Again
28. Bride Wars
29. White Chicks
30. The Hot Chick

There are probably a lot more chick flicks that I’ve fallen in love with, but their titles may have evaded my mind at the moment. Setting that aside though, the movies I’ve mentioned above are must-sees as they will give you the “I wish that would happen to me” feeling that everyone looks for in chick flicks. And yes, that means I highly urge you to watch those movies especially if you lack your own love life to fuss over. Like me.

But if there’s one thing I learned from the excessive amount of chick flicks that I have gone through, it’s that love should not be systematic or mechanical; it should not be bulleted and intricately planned and devised. Thus, worry not about the present absence of a so-called “love life”, it will come in due time.

(Spoken like a true awkward-forever-alone-hopeless-romantic-penguin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment