Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 2: A book that you've read more than three times.

The book that I've read more than three times is The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. The ironic thing is that I don't even have my own paperback or hardbound copy of the aforementioned novel. I relied on the ever efficient iBooks app from the Apple. As much as I would love to have my own copy, I deem it impractical to spend P300+ for a paperback version as I've already read the book at least five times. I wouldn't turn down anyone who feels generous enough to get me a copy though. *insert highly encouraging smile

The reason why I read and reread this novel is not just because it's readily available on my iPod during periods wherein there is an immense lack of interesting things to do, it's mostly because I fell in love with the story at my first read.

Breaking it down (without spoiling!) - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight features the role fate plays in the story of Hadley and Oliver. This book underlines the concept that if two people were meant to be together, they will be together, which of course in much harsher terms means: don't force it. Another plus for the novel is it is set in modern-day Europe, and if you've read my blog before, you would be aware of my Europe obsession.

I will now coax you into reading The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by assuring you that if you do so, regret will not be in your vocabulary. It is, after all, my favorite novel. (Or one of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment