Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hell-o

And so it seems I have undergone another non-blogging phase. Despite my desire to brazenly express my feelings and innermost thoughts to the (cyber) public, I’ve found that time constantly evades me.

In the span of the apparent non-blogging phase, there have actually been significant events that merit proper blog post(s) recognition. The intensity of their significance is as such that they do not deserve to simply be in another “catching up” post, as they are due individual, detailed posts. Yes, coupled with poetic-ish feels and commentaries.

As I've explained in my previous post, my blogging (or lack thereof) is due to the excessive amount of workload that The University of the Philippines has so generously bestowed upon me. I shouldn’t have even hoped for otherwise, given the non-existence of the term “Hell Week” in UP, as each week poses it’s own challenges. It is important to note, however, that even though all weeks would be a subtler version of The Hunger Games, there are some weeks whose levels of hell surpass most.

In reference to Greek mythology, Tartarus came in the form of my last two weeks as a freshman. I’m still not quite sure how I survived a research paper, an anti-thesis, a documentary, a “masterpiece”, a presentation, several long exams, and four final exams in those two weeks. Unfortunately, I can’t say I’ve returned from the battle in crisp condition. I have become a heap more psychotic than I used to be. Deemed incurable, in fact.

Though I may have submitted and complied with all of the requirements, I have absolutely no assurance that my “hard work” will reap rewards. But there’s no use worrying and overthinking, the (immensely straining) deeds have already been done.

May Athena bless my soul. And my General Weighted Average.

P.S. Good luck incoming Iskos and Iskas ng Bayan. Say hell-o to UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment