Thursday, October 18, 2012

All things cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan.

I don't think I've ever really appreciated notes before. No, not notes in class. We all know how important those notes are - if we want to pass. But the notes I'm referring to are a couple of sentences scribbled down to get across something you want to say in a very brief manner.

Those notes I used to take for granted. Until you gave them to me. *Boom! I bet that line got you thinking, "Holy shizz, this girl's a hopeless romantic." And I am. Totally. I won't even try to deny that. But I'm not a cheese ball. I used to take just one look at notes and throw them away, even if it came from a crush. Because aren't they just shrug-offs? Something they can't even bother to tell you in person?

Somehow though, whenever I'd read the notes you've implanted on my laptop, or on my phone, or on my tab, or stuck outside my dorm room door - I'd think otherwise. I'd think (or hope) that you've given thought to them, and that you've given me a little piece of you to hold on to when we're not together. (Again, let me take time to apologize for how awfully cheesy this post is. But don't say the title didn't warn you.)

Okay, maybe it's not that way at all. Actually, it obviously isn't! I'm the only one who likes you. I mean, it is a known fact that other girls like you but between us two? It's a one-way thing. Most likely. Definitely. I wouldn't even dare to hope. The point is, those notes just made me feel like you think about me once in awhile too. And tell me, who doesn't want to be remembered by someone they like?

I guess that's why your notes are kept in pristine condition inside my wallet. I guess that's why I take time to look at them once a day. I guess that's why notes are valuable to me now - from anyone. And maybe it has nothing to do with me liking you a lot. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment