Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why I'm Broke (Most of the Time)

With the increase of prices on books (fiction, not schoolbooks), I decided that maybe spending all of my allowance on them isn't worth it anymore. I mean, I read a book twice at most. That being said, I asked my mom to get me a tab for the purpose of downloading eBooks so I could save. Unfortunately, I realized that I still prefer paper over technology. Even though I have my tab now, if I find a really good book, I purchase it without having any second thoughts.

But why do I still buy paperback or hardbound books even though downloading it online is already an option? Probably because from the moment I crack open the book, I get sucked into reading immediately. The smell of paper is enough to coax me. Plus, that feeling where every time I turn the page there's a new story waiting for me - each page holds the promise of something new; perhaps even a twist.

Maybe that's not reasonable enough for you to spend P300-P500 on each book, but there's just something about printed books that gets me. Somehow, I feel like I'm really in the story when I read paperback books. Forgive me for me choosiness and weirdness.

I wonder how much money I spent on all these...
*Special thanks to my supportive mom and best friends who give me books on special occasions. Love you, guys!


NO, I'M NOT ADDICTED. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME.

2 comments:

  1. eeewwwww.. youuu have twiliiigghttt. yuuucckk!!! HAHAHAHHA no offennse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate you. Hahaha. Joke. Okay lang, first year pa na. I was blinded by its hype then.

      Delete